Czech (Ptácek): nickname for a small person or smart individual, from diminutive of Ptak ‘bird’.
Mar 3, 2009
Mulch!
About a month ago, I started thinking about spring and gardening. I have a fenced backyard for my dog, and the yard is split up into thirds. The first third is the patio area, the second third is the big tree, and the third third is the grass. My landlord mulched the tree area because the dogs run around it a lot making it hard for grass to grow. Sometimes she brings over bags of mulch, but I thought I would save her the trouble (and the money) by finding some free mulch in KC. After some Googling, I found that Kansas City Power & Light offers a service for free mulch. They just dump it in your driveway and you get to shovel it into your backyard. I'm thinking, "Cool! This will be fun! Free mulch AND a little work outside. No big deal." I faxed them the order form and kind of forgot about it.
Fast forward a month...
Little did I know I would be receiving a DUMPTRUCK FULL OF MULCH. A big ol' steaming pile of mulch. There's enough mulch to not only fill the tree area, but the grass area as well. It was a crazy amount of mulch! Thank God for friendly neighbors. It took four of us two hours just to shovel it all over my fence, and it still needs to be spread out a bit more. But two days after we shoveled it all over the fence, it snowed, so I must wait to spread it out like I want...
But hey, free mulch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment