Apr 13, 2010

Kickball!

Some fellow AmeriCorps members and I have thrown together a rag-tag team for WAKA Kickball. Our first game is tomorrow night! But school will keep me from playing until mid-May, which is a bummer. We had a practice on Sunday afternoon at Loose Park and I am SORE. Like, I've been running for 2 1/2 weeks and I wasn't sore at all, and I'm sore from 3 hours of kickball where I mostly just stood around. Boo!

I would like to take this time to say how I have the best dog ever. EVER! He's amazing. I adopted Max about 2 years ago and I take him everywhere (that I'm allowed) with me. He waits for me by the gate when I get home from work, sleeps next to me at night, follows me around from room to room as I walk around my house...He. Goes. Everywhere.

He's also my running buddy. Let me just say that when I first got Max, he was TERRIBLE on a leash. Just awful. He'd yank my arm so hard! I'd get very frustrated trying to walk him. I bought a special Halti head collar to make him stop pulling. It worked. But he hates it. But he runs like a dream! He trots right next to me most of the time. If I could just get him to run on the right instead of the left, we'd be set!






156.6
C25K W2D2 done.

No comments: