This was the first week, and we got:
- a parsley plant
- oregano
- chives
- spinach
- radishes
- green onions
My own garden is doing so great! I spent about 5 hours preparing it with compost and garden soil. I actually dug plots and put down mulch so I could walk around in it. It's a small garden, but we've got:
- 6 hops plants of 3 varieties
- 4 tomato plants
- an edible flower plant
- an african something or other that's a good tomato companion plant
- hot peppers
- garlic
- parsley
My own compost will probably be ready in the fall. I'm sort of obsessed with it. I love adding to it and turning it. It smells pretty terrible right now, but hopefully as nature gets to work it'll smell more earthy and good....instead of rotting and bad. These things take time. I just hope my neighbors understand! It's in a bin...
We got our guest room organized and it's much easier to work in there now! I'd like a bigger desk...but one thing at a time.
Thanks to Michael, our backyard is really shaping up. Once I get around to buying some batteries for my camera, I'll post pictures.
Happy Spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment