Dear Julie,
I miss you. I wish we lived in the same city, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Instead, I've made up a story where we do live close.
You're just a couple minutes away. We have dinner together a few times a month.
We have coffee in the mornings on my back porch.
I bring you fresh tomatoes from my garden and you bring me new books to read.
You practice phlebotomy on me, and I teach your kids improv games.
You give me medical advice and critique my poetry, and I take your family portraits and drive the kids to soccer practice.
You help me study for the GRE and I help you repaint your living room.
We go shopping. We rent movies. We play Scrabble and you always win. We gossip. We drink wine. We make Great Aunt Leona's kolaches and go to the pool.
We run, we bike, we walk. We write funny scripts for your kids to act out in front of the video camera. We picnic. We karaoke (even if it's just to the radio in the car).
Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?
But for now, we remain separated by half a continent, forced to catch up on the phone call that always gets interrupted by dinner, or husbands (someday!), or kids, or another call. And I'll visit once a year and return home with some of your clothes -- wishing I was a little more like you. :) I love you and I miss you.
Your little sister,
Cindy
No comments:
Post a Comment