What a weekend!
I competed in The Next Big Improv Show at the Roving Imp Theater in Bonner Springs, KS on Friday. It's an improvised reality show that takes place every other Friday. Each performance, the competitors will have to complete a challenge related to improv.
The first week, Christian won immunity! The challenge was to tell an entertaining story as yourself. Christian is a very entertaining story-teller, so I'm not surprised that he won.
The first elimination week (Friday), our challenge was to create a character. I made it into the top 3 and took away 2nd place! You can watch the video here: http://vimeo.com/15965558
Saturday was Holy Cow!'s first production of our new series: Improv Funhouse. We invited Girlprov and Men of Unfounded Arrogance to perform with us. It was a super-fun show and I think the whole "variety show" aspect of everything went very well. We started with some things we've never tried before: a powerpoint intro instead of a playbill, a video instead of an onstage host introduction, and sketches + improv instead of just improv. I think it worked very well. Plus, we learned a shit ton about producing a fair-sized show! I'm excited for the next one (...January or February).
It was also awesome to have an experienced eye look at our show from a critical standpoint. We invited Trish to come watch and tell us her opinion. This is something we've never done before and it went over very well. Her notes were spot-on and incredibly helpful. I'm excited to put them into practice!
All in all, an excellent weekend! If only the Chiefs could've won... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment