Mar 15, 2011

Mr. Potato Head

In 7th and 8th grade, I elected to take Band, a full-year course. Due to the scheduling at my particular middle school, it left me no room to take Home Economics. Plus, in 7th and 8th grade, I didn't really want to take Home Economics. It didn't seem very cool. It seemed very mom-ish. And Mom was not cool when I was in 7th and 8th grade.

In high school, I didn't take Home Economics, either. Thus, I never learned how to sew on a machine. Until NOW. My service at the food bank included working on the St. Patrick's Day float for the parade. And I sewed a Mr. Potato Head costume.

My manager said, "You're going to be a great mom, someday." And being a mom has been sounding very cool to me for a while now. #ihavebabyfever


1 comment:

catie said...

that is awesome.

and you'll be an awesome mom.

that is all.