Today I ran two miles, and I didn't stop to walk.
The whole time I was thinking, "What if today I did it? What if today I just ran the whole thing? How would it feel to say, 'today I ran two miles, and I didn't stop to walk'?
It feels GREAT. I think I was just trying to go too fast, too far previously. When I first began this running journey, I would listen to fast-paced music and try to have a good "stride" and keep up the pace with the people around me... and I hated it! It was painful, hard, and humiliating.
I started listening to slow music and to pay attention to the pace my body could maintain. Today, I finally got everything synced up right, and I. Ran. The. Whole. Way.
1 comment:
great job, cindy! keep it up! i'm hoping to get back into running SOON!
Post a Comment