Jun 1, 2009

Part-time Job, Dog Medication, Keys

I got the job at WCH. Yay. I am now doubly-employed. It seems that I spend an awful lot of time having two jobs --- or two things that count as jobs. I wonder if it will always be that way. My guess is YES, because of Holy Cow! and volunteering. I thought, for some reason, that graduating from college would mean that I would have MORE free time. Boy, was I wrong! My M-F days consist of working 40 hrs/week for the man. And now on Tuesdays and Saturdays I will work a couple shifts as a barista in Westport. Not to mention improv stuff that is always happening, and volunteering which needs to happen more (I'm sorry I failed you this weekend, SNKC, I will make it up somehow.) Of course, I like to say "I'm so busy" but there are definitely plenty of times where I'm sitting around and doing nothing. Hence, my unswept floors and growing pile of dirty laundry. NEW TOPIC: DOG MEDS Dogs are expensive animals to keep. And I am very poor. I had Max on Banfield's "Pet Wellness Plan" which was 17 bucks a month plus anytime we went in for a checkup I had to pay for tests/meds and all that other crap for which they charge you. So I got super poor and cancelled the wellness plan in April - and I scheduled Max to see a local vet thinking it was going to be less expensive for a check up. NOPE. 150 bucks! Are you kidding me? So I'm getting the meds he needs through 1-800-PetMeds.com and they are cheap but they have to verify his prescription through a doctor. I don't know why. What else do people buy canine heartworm preventative medication for? Meth? Probably. Anyway, my plan was to do his yearly vaccinations through Spay and Neuter Kansas City (SNKC) because it's only $10/shot. And if he's getting all his shots through them, I'm not sure if I need to take him to a "regular" vet or not. It's just so expensive. And I am just so poor. Did I mention how poor I am? NEW TOPIC: MY KEYS Where are they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought your keys were in Christian's car. Seems as good of place as any when you can't find them.