I like TV.
Let's just get that straight. I often dream of being someone who, in defiance, hurls my television out the window and then furiously writes quotes in a leatherback journal ordering the death of TV while sipping tea and reading a big, fat book with teeny-tiny type. But that is just a dream. And the reality is this: I enjoy it.
I enjoy lazy days of lying on the couch in front of the television. I enjoy judging people on "reality" TV shows and I love the Food Network. I'll watch Discovery Channel, Science Channel, NatGeo, Animal Planet, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central...pretty much all your basic cable channels, I've seen.
Yesterday, I watched C-SPAN all day just to see the real side of government. Sometimes these "news network" shows make me think that government is really sexy and full of drama. But just turn on CSPAN. That's the government. It's really boring and confusing and full of jargon that is hard to follow. But I watched it so I could "witness history". Witnessing history takes a long ass time. 2 hours of general debate?! BAH!
But I've gotten off-point. The real reason I'm writing this post is because reality TV is confusing me. I've been known to watch a "What Not to Wear" or "Clean House" or "Trading Spaces" or even "America's Next Top Model". I don't claim to know anything about fashion or design. I know nothing. And watching these shows certainly doesn't help me!
It's like on Oscar night when the E! TV people are judging the outfits. Some they love, some they hate. But why?! And on TLC's "Tacky Houses" they just walk into someone's house and say the decorations are tacky. But fashion, to me, is something so...personal? unique?
TV: do you love it?
No comments:
Post a Comment